Life matters

Monday, October 16, 2006

What if?

I've always been a grounded person, but tend to be a bit of a free spirit at heart. Just when I think I'm content, something else seems to look better. But I've found myself thinking a lot lately about what if's? What if I had finished school, what if I had stayed in my hometown, what if I had never gotten back together with my husband (we split for a while after we got engaged the first time). And most of all....what if I had hooked up with someone in particular years ago. How would things be different....or would they. Most days I feel slightly guilty thinking about these things as my husband kisses me goodnight and tells me he loves me. I love him too....but I catch my mind wondering quite a bit. I hope thats a normal thing. My "what if" also has a significant other and I assume hes happy with her as well. People say the grass isnt always greener on the other side....I dont really think that matters to me. The grass could be dead for all I care, as long as its a good experience and I can get these what if's outta my head! I have no idea if ppl actually take the time to read these things, for me its just a good way to get things out without having to talk to anyone in particular. But I really hope I'm not the only one out there whos mind tends to wonder all too often. And I have to be honest when I say that if I ever had a chance to answer the what if's in my life....I think I would take it.