Life matters

Monday, October 16, 2006

Best friends

I truely have the best friends in the entire world. You see, I grew up in a very small country town. I moved there when I was in kindergarden and stayed until I was 21. So I never really remember making friends, I've just kinda had them all my life. My very best friend I've known since the day I moved to my hometown, she lived across the street. We've been friends for 18 years....not that many people have friendships that last that long these days, and I have at least 3. We've had our ups and downs, but have always been like sisters. I've recently been going through a lot in my life with my marriage and trying to get used to being a young first time mom. And its so nice to have a friend who knows me inside and out, past present and future, who would never judge me and loves me unconditionally, to listen to everything I need her to listen to. I just cant say enough how much my friends are my world and without them I wouldnt be me. I heard a quote the other day that said "best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us", but in my case I have plenty of my own siblings!!! So I heard a better quote today "best friends....because our parents couldnt handle us as siblings!!!" It couldnt be more true. We've been there through first crushes, first dates, first kisses, first....;), heartbreak, deaths, sneaking alcohol from our parents, getting our mouths washed out for saying penis (ha), driving, graduation, college, partying, and now marriage and kids. Its crazy to think how much we've all changed, but I cant tell you how good it felt the day I stood at the alter with my soon to be husband and looked back at the girls I've known since we were in pigtails with missing teeth (tear). And how proud I have been to stand at the alter with them and their soon to be husbands!!! I truely have the best friends in the world!!