Life matters

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Daddy cant Deal!!

Well today was one of my husbands days off....of course work has called him twice already cause they cant seem to function without him!! Hes a retail manager for a world wide resturant chain and his hours pretty much suck...he works about 50 a week give or take a lil. And it usually leaves me home alone at night, which I hate. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I think I've mentioned in previous blogs how hes been a lil stand off-ish with me and the baby lately. Not really sure why, could have something to do with the stresses in our marriage right now, but we wont go there. However, last night he told me he wanted me to have a day off. He volunteered to get up with the baby in the morning and take him out for the day or whatever so I could have a day to myself. YAY!!! But I shoulda known better. First off, the baby woke around 4am this morning crying because of his teeth. My husband jumped up and and said he would get him, but 5 minutes later he was calling me in there to take care of the situation. Its a very simple process really, change the diaper...if that doesnt work feed him, if that doesnt work his teeth are probably bothering him so give him some orajel and rock him back to sleep. Aparently he just doesnt understand the trial and error method and would rather scream for me. I truely dont mind taking care of my son 24/7, but it does piss me off when you say you want to help and then dont. If thats the case just let me get up with him in the first place. Finally I got him back to sleep. When he woke this morning I let him fuss in his crib for a lil bit waiting for the hubby to get outta bed as he had promised. Didnt happen. I finally went in there and got the baby myself when he started screaming. His excuse....he was tired from getting up with him in the middle of the night!!! Welcome to my world!!! After a while the hubby got up and took him and told me to go back to sleep. Not 10 min. later I hear the baby crying in the living room and my husband saying "whats wrong. daddy doesnt know whats wrong". Are you serious.....hes 6 mo. old....hes not gonna tell you whats wrong. I knew what was going to happen next and I was right....my husband is standing next to the bed holding my son saying "mommy, baby misses you, he wants a kiss." Now, let me make is perfectly clear that I love my son with all my heart and would do anything for him, but every now and then I need a break from baby world....and since my husband had promised me that, I was totally pissed that he had come in there to bother me with the baby. So I got outta bed and the first thing he says to me is....."can you watch him real quick so I can take a shower." Hmmmm I manage to shower every day without anyone helping me. Put the baby in his pack and play and set it in front of the bathroom door, the shower curtain is clear so I can see him while I'm in there. No big. But I guess it was for my husband. So after feeding, diapering, dressing, and playing with him.....this isnt really feeling like a day off for me. While I appreciate my husband wanting to help....I cant help but be angry that he doesnt know how!!! I've tried having patience and showing him things to do and explaining how I do things when I'm home alone all the time....but he just doesnt get it. I completely lost it when he said he was taking the baby to the store. He put him in his carseat while I got the diaper bag ready and the stroller out. THen he stands there and looks at me and says "arent you going to help me get this stuff out to the car" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? Keep in mind we live on the 2nd floor of our apt. bldg. And every day I carry the stroller, the diaper bag, my purse, and the baby IN his carseat up and down the stairs...ALONE!!! I dont mind doing all this because its just what I do.....but why is he not capable of doing the same things. What in the world would he do if he was ever left alone with this child....I'm scared to find out!!! And when I try to be nice and talk to him about this stuff he gets upset and starts saying how he must not be as good of a parent as I am. It has nothing to do with that really, but if you wanna help out...learn how to do it!!!!