Could this day please be over!
What started as a not so great day has only managed to get worse. The baby woke up this morning as a happy baby...YAY! But when I went to make his bottle, I relized I only had enough formula to make maybe 2 more bottles....so grocery shopping was automatically on my agenda first thing. Today was my sons 6 mo. birthday and his 6 mo. check-up. He didnt take his regular hour nap this morning so I got stuck listening to a crying baby while I tried to hurry and get ready. Packed up his diaper bag, my purse, his car seat and him and headed to the pediatrician. We didnt have to wait long because we were on time which was wonderful. But as soon as his Dr. got in the room I noticed shes preggo. Great....I love her and now shes gonna go on maternity leave, bummer. But his check up went well....hes 17 lbs 9 oz. and 28 inches long....very tall for his age, must take after my side of the family. Aparently hes also very advanced for his age as hes already sitting on his own, crawling, and tryin to stand up on things....supposedly they dont "normally" do that until 9 mo. Dr. says its due to me being a stay at home mom and teaching him things.....so its good. He had to get 2 shots in his leg today...one didnt hurt, the other made him scream....it breaks my heart. But I came equiped with bottle on hand to sooth the pain. Called the hubby on the way home to tell him I needed to go to the store and find out how much we had for me to spend. After huffing he told me about 70 bucks....HA, was he kidding? I havent been to the grocery store in like a week....I needed way more than 70 dollars worth of stuff. Drug the baby back upstairs, changed and fed him, then back in the car to head to the store. Car sounded a lil rough starting but it managed. Almost saw a guy walking get hit by a tahoe...it was interesting, he wouldnt have had a chance against that thing. Driving in orlando is, like, rediculous. Did our shopping, sat the baby in the cart for the first time instead of dragging in his carseat, he loved it and tried to grab everything off the shelves. Ended up spending 108 dollars, wasnt looking forward to telling the hubby that one. Leaving the store my car wouldnt start....so as my food was melting in the back a really hott guy offered to help me (ok so there was one good thing that happened today!). He was very intersted as to where my husband was or "do you have one?" So at least I had a nice chat with a hott guy! Luckily my dad always told me to have jumper cables and it did the trick, but I'm driving my husbands car tomorrow (he somehow managed to convince me the HE needed a new car and bought himself an explorer sport trac)....I'll be damned if he gets to drive the new car without the baby while I have to drive my old car with the baby. Doesnt work like that in my world. Got home and carried the baby and our bags upstairs. THen had to make 3 more trips to get all the groceries in the house. Like I said earlier, I have felt a huge weight on my shoulders lately for some reason, cant put my finger on it, but its there. I was really feeling like I was gonna lose composure at this point in the day, but I put the food away and put the baby down for a nap. I started doing dishes and cleaning the house when he woke right back up crying. I knew his shots were making him feel bad, but I lost it. I picked him up trying to rock him back to sleep and I just started to cry. My poor baby pushed away from me looking at my face, and even though I know hes too young to understand mommy was upset, he had a worried look on his face. And he reached up with his little baby hand and touched my cheek as if to tell me its ok and he loves me. Of course that made me cry even more. SOmetimes life just gets too intense for me. I feel totally overwhelmed and I feel as if I have no outlet to release things. Marriage is sucky, baby is stressful, I hate my apartment, I need a new car, money is tight (or so my husband says).....its like I have a world of worries and none of them even revolve around me. I dont even have a second to think about myself anymore. I'm always to worried about the baby or my husband or my fam and friends or the cat and the house....anything but myself. I need a vaca....ALONE! To end my day, while I was fixing dinner my husband was feeding the baby a bottle. But the baby was fussy so he called me in there to ask if I could give him some tylenol. In the time it took to give the baby tylenol, I had forgotten I left the spoon in the pan and burned the rice and melted the spoon. It stunk, so I threw it off the balcony!! I seered steak strips and made steak and green pepper quesadillas. Why do green peppers smell like weed when you saute them!?? Dinner turned out good and my husband seemed to be in a good mood, so I decided to attempt the school convo again. And again it didnt go well. I was telling him about some info that I had gotten online from UCF and the degree program I wanted to do and how my previous classes might transfer.....no interest from him at all. It truely hurts my feelings that he doesnt think I want, or can do this. I always thought a partner was suppose to support you in your dreams. My parents just put in a pool over the past few months. Its finally done so I think I'm gonna go visit this weekend. I need some time away from the house. Maybe my parents will be a lil more encouraging that my husband has been. Maybe they will even offer to pay. THe week before my wedding my dad said even though my husband should now be responsible for me, if I ever wanted to go back to school I had nothing to worry about and he would pick up the tab. Guess I'll see how serious he was....I love my parents. Heres a bit of randomness......back in high school I always wanted to be an actress (go ahead I know you wanna laugh), but I had an agent and worked on some small projects for a while. One thing I did was Dawsons Creek, which is now off the air. But I am totally addicted to One Tree Hill, which also films in NC and I was noticing tonight they use all the old sets from DC...strange. Anyway, I'm gonna go indulge myself in some ben and jerrys half backed frozen yogurt and laguna beach now that the hubby and baby are in bed....I need it!

<< Home