Life matters

Friday, October 27, 2006

Ebay and other stuff

I finally did it, I sold my first thing on ebay. My husband has been ebaying for a while (I cant really say what) and has made a pretty decent extra income for us....somewhere in the $200 a month range. But as I think I may have mentioned before I HATE clutter. Therefore, I clean out closets, drawers and any other junk collecting places at least every 3-6 months. I normally give everything to goodwill (clothes, shoes, toys, purses, furniture, etc) but this time I thought I would try ebay. I have this $100 dollar chair that an ex boyfriend bought me a few years back that I've kinda been attached to. Its shaped like a high heel shoe and is leopard print. My husband dispises it for many reasons (one being the ex-bf), and my friends and fam tease me ruthlessly. I think its because everyone hated it that I insisted on keeping it for the past 3 years (and moving it to the 3 different apts. we've lived in!!!!). But, since I truely have no use for it anymore and was only keeping it dispite everyone, I decided to sell it on ebay. My mom actually laughed at me and said no one would buy that ugly thing. But since it was a gift, so anything I made off of it was profit, I took some pics and put it up for auction. That same night it already had 3 bids and 9 watchers!!!! Well, as of yesterday, I am happy to say that I just made $73 dollars on my shoe chair!!!!!!!!!!! :) Now I think I may be addicted to ebay as I'm cleaning my entire house trying to see what I can sell next....we somehow accumulated 4 televisions in all our moving and only use 2...maybe I could sell those!!!
Had a huge fight with the hubby yesterday. As normal it ended in the divorce convo. And then, as normal, he sucked up for the rest of the day. The cycle is getting so old. But on the bright side of things....I caught him looking online at winter coats for me and flights to chicago, so I think the trip is actually gonna happen. Being silly I made him a sign and taped it to the wall yesterday. See he has a bad habit of seeing clothes, shoes, or bags and thinking that they are something I would love, when I normally hate them. This year I decided not to give him the option to disappoint me. Since my b-day and christmas are right around the cornor, I drew one pic that said "happy birthday, merry christmas, ellen" and the other one has a pic of the boots I want along with a very detailed description (size, brand, make, price, store location). I figure he cant really mess that up.
Went shopping after work yesterday. I havent really been shopping alone since the baby was born. So I took an hour and walked around the mall before I left work. Found some really cute stuff in victoria secret. It was the first time I've been brave enough to try anything on from there since I had the baby. And to my surprize, it wasnt aweful. Of course my body isnt exactly the same as it was.....but its closer than I thought. I told the hubby what I had found when I got home and he actually told me to go buy it next time I work. I'm really excited seeing as how I cant remember the last time I bought anything for myself. My mom bought me a dress for a wedding a few month back, but that was it.
THe baby got up at quarter to 5 this morning. I was pissed. But he didnt stay up for too long, maybe 2 hours. Once he went back to sleep so did I. THen when he woke again, I made the hubby get up with him! We are going grocery shopping today....its always interesting when we all go together (hubby is off of work today) because I'm use to doing it on my own.
My mom and brothers are coming tomorrow for the weekend because its my weekend to work. I LOVE having company.....I'm an entertaining kinda person, I dont mind having ppl for dinner or weekend stays. They are watching the baby for me this weekend so I can get some hours in at work...we need all the extra money we can get from now through the holidays so I'm gonna be working a lot more.....meaning I am not gonna be a happy person until January!!! I refuse to leave my son with anyone but my mother (and she lives 2 hours away) so the hubby and I will be working opposite schedules and taking turns watching the baby while the other one works....should be interesting.
Kitty buttlicks is sick again, cant imagine how much this will cost ugh!