Life matters

Monday, January 08, 2007

Home sick!

So this past weekend two of my bestests traveled all the way here to FL to see my son be baptised. One came from myrtle beach and one from charlotte.....not to mention all my family that came up from sarasota. But I had such a great time with my girls....minus my husband being an ass as always! Being so far away and only seeing them about once a year, I sometimes forget how nice it is to have friends around. I mean I've finally made lots of friends around here....but not the kind that you sit and talk to for hours about life, or the kind that can remind you of things that happened in middle school that you dont remember! These girls are the kinda friends that even though they arent family, my son will call them "aunt" and the kind that will punish him when hes bad and I wont think twice about it. I just miss my friends terribly. I teared up when they got here and when they left, but it was so much fun in the mean time!! I'm going to chi-town in 2 weeks, but hopefully this summer I can take a trip back to SC to visit, cause I need a good dose of home (and BOJANGLES!)!

I got myself a realtor today. Even though my husband and I arent surviving our marriage, I still need to provide the kinda life for my son that I want him to have. So by working my ass off and with some help from my parents....I am hoping to be in a house by the time my lease is up in march. If i'm gonna be on my own in the future anyway, I mind as well start now.

I'm starting to get nervous about my trip. Its been years since I've been on a plane and I cant being to remember what its like to be completly alone.....but I'm sure I'll survive for 4 days, in fact, I cant wait!!!!!!!! I'm mostly nervous about my son being ok while I'm gone. Hes started going through a momma phase, but I'm hoping outta sight outta mind. In any case, I'm making my husband go stay with my parents while I'm gone so I at least know my mom and dad will take care of the baby.

Work again in the morning...ugh, I'm wearing thin...but it will all be worth it in the end, a parent has to do what a parent has to do!