Life matters

Monday, October 30, 2006

Randomness

Going to Chicago in January. Totally stoked! Cant wait for cold weather and a vaca....ALONE! Thats right, no baby, no husband, no schedule, no one needing my attention but me.....I cant explain how excited I am. Now I need boots and a coat hahaha, something I've never had to purchase living in FL!
My mom, lil bro, and lil foster bro were here for the weekend. They watched the baby while I worked....fun times. I made the boys a kick ass halloween cake which they devoured in one day! Mom took us to Ale House for dinner....love that place. She also bought the baby some new clothes and shoes....hes so spoiled.
Work was super busy but tons of fun this weekend. Sat there was about 12 of us on the schedule....all girls.....we tend to get a lil crazy ;) but its fun. Sunday was just as good only it was all boys, ha, but I love my guys!
THought I was going to have to work halloween night. I was pissed since I planned on taking the baby out for his first halloween. But a guy at work offered to cover my shift....I owe him big time. The baby is going to be frankenstien....sooo cute.
They are doing construction in our apt. complex. It totally sucks. Its very loud and there are men outside my apt. all day. Today I tried to take the baby on our morning walk, but was hounded by all the construction men so much that I gave up and went inside. Sometimes its flattering....other times its NOT!
Got asked on a date at work this weekend......and he was so hott....but aparently he missed the big rock on my hand, and hardly had time to find out about my 6 mo. old son. I kindly let him in on the info and declined. To my surprise, he brought me a piece of cheese cake from the cheesecake factory anyway! I appreciated it, but I threw it away in the back, not a huge fan of eating food from strangers.
kitty buttlicks seems to be feeling better. He hasnt thrown up in a few days which is a good sign, and hes eating again. My mom left the porch door open yesterday and he tried to run away (hes an inside cat), tricky lil bastard. I want a dog. I keep asking my husband for one, but no such luck. I would like a husky, or maybe a grey hound. In my research on dogs, they seem to be very family oriented, but still protective. We have a grey hound rescue here in orlando so I might check it out, that and the humane society.
I think my sister is coming into town this weekend. The hubby and I have a baptism class to attend on sun and we need her to watch the baby. But its been a few weeks since we've seen eachother so it should be fun.
My mom wants to keep the baby over night during thanksgiving. We are all going to tampa to have it at my sisters house. But my husband and I both have to work the day after so we are going to have to drive back home that night. My mom asked if she could keep the baby there with her for the night because she wants to take him with the boys (my bros) to the tampa zoo the next day. I'm having a hard time making a decision on weather to let him go or not. I trust her and my dad and the boys, but I've never left him like that. Especially 2 hours from me over night :( I have anxiety just thinking about it....we'll see when it gets closer to time. My husband says I need to let go, but hes still only 6 mo. old.....I'm not ready for that yet.
My husband is coming home early from work again today. Its kinda nice having him here to help out in the evenings. We are trying really hard to work on our marriage. Things have been falling apart lately for us. I think we need to get back to the basics.....you know, like why we wanted to be together in the first place....and build from there. Its hard to do that thou when you've been with someone for so long (almost 6 years!). I've been ready to give up lately, but he keeps wanting to work things out. I dont know if I have the time or the heart to try anymore, but I'm going to give it all I can. Its not really something I can or want to quit, so I guess I need to make more of an effort.
My family thinks I have no common sense. I recently found that out this weekend. I mean, I'll be the first to admit I have what my husband calls "jessica simpson" moments. I used to make him watch that Newlyweds show with me and he said it was like watching someone else act out our life, but I didnt think I was that bad. Aparently I've been that way my whole life. My mom just told me my dad used to say he was surprised I never walked out of the house with a hanger still in my shirt!!!! At least I'm good for a laugh!!