Life matters

Monday, January 15, 2007

A breath of fresh air

Today has been just like every other day lately. Thats neither a good nor bad thing. But you know how sometimes you just stop and take in the moment....or maybe you dont but you wish you did. I had a moment today that I think will be burned into my memory forever, or at least I hope it will. My son has recently discovered windows....mostly because the construction is finally over and our windows no longer have plastic covering them, lol! But it was a beautiful day outside so I had the house opened. My baby, being the curious lil thing that he is, crawled over to the window and pulled himself up on the ledge. So I crawled after him keeping a watchful eye that he didnt fall and hit his head or find a spec of something to put in his mouth. I was sitting next to him on the floor with my chin rested on the window ledge, and he was standing next to me holding on to the ledge and chewing on the cord to the blinds. It was sunny and there was a beautiful breeze blowing in. The ducks were outside playing near the fountain in the lake, so he and I were counting the black ones and the white ones. I looked over at his cute lil face with the sun shinning on him reflecting of his fuzzy head of hair and his drooly chin and I said "baby, you are so cute, mommy loves you more than the whole world." And maybe it was just a fluke since hes too young to understand, but he leaned over to me with his mouth wide open and gave me a big drooly kiss on my cheek....then he squeeled and went back to playing with the cord. Sometimes I love him so much it hurts......I guess no matter all the bad things in life, I still have my one lil ray of sunshine that never lets me down!