Flu and other stuff
Its been a long day! I know its saturday, but I was up by 7am.....or should I say the baby was up, which leads to me being up! It was ok thou because we had to get to the pediatrician. The baby got his flu shot yesterday and I found out while I was there they were also doing them for parents! So my husband and I got up at the ass crack of dawn to go get one. We didnt have to wait long because we were the first ones there (I planned it that way). But because we were healthy and young, they didnt give us the shot....we got the flu mist. You snort it up your nose like liquid coke or something (not that I would know about that ;)). It tastes strange but in my eyes anything is better than a needle. Totally off the subject, if you dont like needles (LIKE ME) dont have a baby.....they stick you more times than you could ever imagine from the first week you are preggo until you pop that kid out!!! But back to the flu shot....baby hasnt felt well today and neither have I....husband seems to be doing ok. Just a lil tired and a lil headache though, nothing major.
We are planning to have the baby baptised finally. My husband and I have to attend a class tomorrow afternoon at the church...and oddly enough we arent allowed to bring the baby. How do you hold a class for parents with newborns and tell them not to bring their children!!?? Regardless, my sister came up from tampa for the weekend to watch him for me. I always like spending time with her so its been fun. We also did our good deed for the day. My sis and I took the baby out for his evening walk around the lake. We started coming up on these two little girls who we thought were laughing and playing. But as we got closer we relized one of them was crying. I stopped and asked her what was wrong and she told me she hurt her toe....she was walking without shoes on and tripped and basically ripped her toenail off....it was grosse but I tried not to react since she was scared and crying. My sister picked her up and we carried her back to her apt. He mother never even came out to say thank you or anything....I thought that was kinda rude, but we didnt do it for glorification....just to help the little girl out.
I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned where my husband works....and I'm not sure its such a good idea on the internet. But he works for a world wide company who deals a lot with celebrities in their place of business. And since hes a manager, hes deals with them a lot one on one. Tonight he met jared leto, actor and singer of 30 seconds to mars. I'm sure that was fun....I'm a lil jealous. I will humbly admit I am a slight fan of the disney channel (come on I have a kid) and tonight he also met one of the actress' in a show that the baby and I watch....kinda cool.
My husband gets his bonus this week. I am so F***ing excited I cant stand it........CHICAGO!! Ok and some of it is going into savings and some for christmas money. Finance wise we also got some bad news this week. Well, I suppose you could call it bad AND good. We knew my husband was getting his bonus in nov. and it usu. totals a few grand every quarter. We save some, spend some, pay off bills etc. We already have it budgeted out for this quarter. At least a grand is going in the "house" fund, a couple hundred for christmas (mostly for the baby), whatever my chicago trip is costing (he wont tell me), and then get ahead on the bills with the rest. BUT, we had also budgeted into that my vaca time. As I have explained before I work VERY part time....I am up to 10 hours a week now, hahaha! But I have been at my job for a while and have accumulated 42 hours of vaca....i was shocked when I saw it on my paycheck since I took 4 months maternity leave and its only a part time job, but whatev. We had decided I was going to take it this month (even though I'm not actually going on vaca) so that we would have extra money for the holidays. BUUUUT since I work retail, now through new years in blacked out for vaca. The bright side however, is that I can take it in january, so if we are short after the holidays (which we shouldnt be), that will make up for it. And if we arent.....its a lil extra for the house fund. I want a damn house so bad :( One day very soon!!!
We are planning to have the baby baptised finally. My husband and I have to attend a class tomorrow afternoon at the church...and oddly enough we arent allowed to bring the baby. How do you hold a class for parents with newborns and tell them not to bring their children!!?? Regardless, my sister came up from tampa for the weekend to watch him for me. I always like spending time with her so its been fun. We also did our good deed for the day. My sis and I took the baby out for his evening walk around the lake. We started coming up on these two little girls who we thought were laughing and playing. But as we got closer we relized one of them was crying. I stopped and asked her what was wrong and she told me she hurt her toe....she was walking without shoes on and tripped and basically ripped her toenail off....it was grosse but I tried not to react since she was scared and crying. My sister picked her up and we carried her back to her apt. He mother never even came out to say thank you or anything....I thought that was kinda rude, but we didnt do it for glorification....just to help the little girl out.
I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned where my husband works....and I'm not sure its such a good idea on the internet. But he works for a world wide company who deals a lot with celebrities in their place of business. And since hes a manager, hes deals with them a lot one on one. Tonight he met jared leto, actor and singer of 30 seconds to mars. I'm sure that was fun....I'm a lil jealous. I will humbly admit I am a slight fan of the disney channel (come on I have a kid) and tonight he also met one of the actress' in a show that the baby and I watch....kinda cool.
My husband gets his bonus this week. I am so F***ing excited I cant stand it........CHICAGO!! Ok and some of it is going into savings and some for christmas money. Finance wise we also got some bad news this week. Well, I suppose you could call it bad AND good. We knew my husband was getting his bonus in nov. and it usu. totals a few grand every quarter. We save some, spend some, pay off bills etc. We already have it budgeted out for this quarter. At least a grand is going in the "house" fund, a couple hundred for christmas (mostly for the baby), whatever my chicago trip is costing (he wont tell me), and then get ahead on the bills with the rest. BUT, we had also budgeted into that my vaca time. As I have explained before I work VERY part time....I am up to 10 hours a week now, hahaha! But I have been at my job for a while and have accumulated 42 hours of vaca....i was shocked when I saw it on my paycheck since I took 4 months maternity leave and its only a part time job, but whatev. We had decided I was going to take it this month (even though I'm not actually going on vaca) so that we would have extra money for the holidays. BUUUUT since I work retail, now through new years in blacked out for vaca. The bright side however, is that I can take it in january, so if we are short after the holidays (which we shouldnt be), that will make up for it. And if we arent.....its a lil extra for the house fund. I want a damn house so bad :( One day very soon!!!

<< Home