The world couldnt be any smaller!
So I just signed on to update my blog....obviously! As I scrolled down my page I caught a glimps of the "recently updated blogs" thing and something caught my eye. It said "goldfinch funeral home". To most ppl it would mean nothing, but that is the name of a funeral home in my small hometown. I clicked on it and it was infact the same place I was thinking of. It kinda gave me a weird feeling....mostly just because its a funeral home and it brings back some tough memories of the few times I have had to be there.... my best friends mom, my other friends dad, and one of my own best friends. Still makes my heart hurt thinking about them, but on the other hand it makes me smile a lil to remember them. Hmmmm guess the world really is a small place.
Well now that my mind is totally off track I have no clue what I was originally going to write about.....suppose it wasnt that important. EMMIT WON!! I have been totally addicted to dancing with the stars this season and I literally jumped off the couch when they announced Emmit Smith won!!! I actually called in and voted for him last night...TWICE, lol!! I have never done that before....what a loser, ha!
My baby is teething again :(. Its so miserable for me....I cant even imagine how he must feel. He gets all restless when sleeping and he cries every time he chews on things. I hope they cut through quick like the last ones cause I cant handle anymore 1am wake up calls!! Guess thats why I've been a lil grumpy lately. I have been a total bitch to my husband since I got back from my parents! I have no clue why, I just havent felt like dealing with him. Poor guy....he cant win for losing, lol!
I'm watching laguna beach as I type this (yes, I am that lame!) and they are graduating high school. It seems so long ago for me....but still sad. Those were some great times, and great friends that I grew up with my whole life. We all had big plans to get outta town and never look back.....and now all we wanna do is look back...and some days go back to those simple times when we were all together and life was good. I remember my dad always saying if there was a major for socializing, I would pass with flying colors. I was never home, always with friends or on a date (haha). I'm the kinda person that likes to stop and appreciate moments in life. And I remember walking outta of the house in the morning my senior year, looking at the dew kissed grass and wiping it off my car windows, smelling the really fresh and slightly chilly air, and watching the sun beat down on the corn field behind my parents house. Pulling my hair back, rolling down my windows, and driving to school with my radio up and as fast I could in hopes of having a few extra min. to go to Bojangles and get breakfast on my way! I remember breakfast @ Bojangles with my 20 closest friends before the SATs!! And getting scorched at the beach with everyone a few hours before graduation. And lunch with all the same ppl at applebees the day before the first one of us left for college. It was danny because he was going to ole miss to play football and had to head out early for practice. I miss those times and all those memories. Feeling so comfortable with my boys always around me, and always there for a BIIIIG hug....and that bond of sisterhood with all my girls. It truely was the beginning of the rest of our lives. Now everyone has real jobs, getting married and having kids.....its crazy what 6 years does! But some days, its still fun to act like we are 17 again!! ;)
Well now that my mind is totally off track I have no clue what I was originally going to write about.....suppose it wasnt that important. EMMIT WON!! I have been totally addicted to dancing with the stars this season and I literally jumped off the couch when they announced Emmit Smith won!!! I actually called in and voted for him last night...TWICE, lol!! I have never done that before....what a loser, ha!
My baby is teething again :(. Its so miserable for me....I cant even imagine how he must feel. He gets all restless when sleeping and he cries every time he chews on things. I hope they cut through quick like the last ones cause I cant handle anymore 1am wake up calls!! Guess thats why I've been a lil grumpy lately. I have been a total bitch to my husband since I got back from my parents! I have no clue why, I just havent felt like dealing with him. Poor guy....he cant win for losing, lol!
I'm watching laguna beach as I type this (yes, I am that lame!) and they are graduating high school. It seems so long ago for me....but still sad. Those were some great times, and great friends that I grew up with my whole life. We all had big plans to get outta town and never look back.....and now all we wanna do is look back...and some days go back to those simple times when we were all together and life was good. I remember my dad always saying if there was a major for socializing, I would pass with flying colors. I was never home, always with friends or on a date (haha). I'm the kinda person that likes to stop and appreciate moments in life. And I remember walking outta of the house in the morning my senior year, looking at the dew kissed grass and wiping it off my car windows, smelling the really fresh and slightly chilly air, and watching the sun beat down on the corn field behind my parents house. Pulling my hair back, rolling down my windows, and driving to school with my radio up and as fast I could in hopes of having a few extra min. to go to Bojangles and get breakfast on my way! I remember breakfast @ Bojangles with my 20 closest friends before the SATs!! And getting scorched at the beach with everyone a few hours before graduation. And lunch with all the same ppl at applebees the day before the first one of us left for college. It was danny because he was going to ole miss to play football and had to head out early for practice. I miss those times and all those memories. Feeling so comfortable with my boys always around me, and always there for a BIIIIG hug....and that bond of sisterhood with all my girls. It truely was the beginning of the rest of our lives. Now everyone has real jobs, getting married and having kids.....its crazy what 6 years does! But some days, its still fun to act like we are 17 again!! ;)

<< Home