Life matters

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My love

Some days I just cant even fathom the love I have for my baby boy. Its like its so huge it cant even exist. Sometimes I actually have to remind myself that I cant squeeze him too hard or smother him with kisses. It is completly impossible for me to wrap my mind around how much this child means to me and how much I love him. Some nights I just want to sleep on the couch in his room....just so I can be close to him. There is never one second that I wish I didnt have him, or wasnt with him. THe love for your child is like nothing you could ever describe. Tonight he was getting tired while we were playing. I was laying on the floor and he crawled up next to me, layed his head on my arm and started sucking his thumb. I had been singing him a song (we are learning christmas songs now!) so I just kept singing and he just layed there on the floor with me. I swear this kid brings tears to my eyes every day....for good reasons though. And when I make him laugh.....like a real belly laugh.....its the greatest thing in the world!! I just cant even comprehend how God thought I was deserving of this perfect child, but I sure am thankful. I will be the first to admit I can be a very selfish person. Or I guess I should say I use to be. Being a mom has changed so many things about me, and for most of them I am greatful. Having a baby leaves no room for selfishness and it amazes me how easy it was for me to make that transition. I was truely scared that I was too selfish to have a child....even my family teased me about it. But I would give up the world for my son....I've already given up my body, countless hours of sleep, my job, my social life, and all of my disposable income. But in all honesty, I rarely notice all that being so consumed with taking care of him. I know children never understand their parents love for them, I didnt.....that is until they have their own child. I can only hope that one day he looks into the eyes of his own child and knows the love I have for him.